Pregnancy Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

Friday, January 28, 2011

So Real...

nate says...
Ever wonder if you're dreaming? ever wonder if something you're going through is not really happening but that you're just dreaming?
Well, I've felt that way recently regarding our pregnancy, the "expecting of a child." With no "bump" to show yet, my wife conundrum's me. (Yes, I'm attempting the springs a third time this winter, so the word is on my mind: if you're confused, ask me later). But, really, I find myself, as Angie already mentioned below, wondering if we really are pregnant!! If a child is in her! You know, I find myself doubting God, the Creator of life, if He can really pull it off, a person, who will one day be a whole adult person? coming from my wife?

But isn't that just like us sheep? Prone to wander from the God we love? I'm so glad Jesus is faithful to me even when I'm faithless! It's His mercy, His grace, His love, that keeps me coming back. And sometimes, I can't always see the reality of His faithfulness in my life. Many times, I've struggled with this. Can't see Him working in and through me. But He promises me in His word, the Bible, that He will complete what He started in me. Wow, that's comforting. And I know, that His will will be done in this pregnancy. His glory will be achieved. And I'm so thankful. It's just an example of how even though it doesn't show on the outside, Angie has a baby inside, Angie has a person inside, God is creating life inside her, in the secret place. I'm so thankful. I'm so grateful. I'm so amazed. I'm humbled. I'm delighted.

The birthing center is awesome. I'm so excited about it. I'm so excited about the natural birth classes. I'm so excited about the potential to learn. Wow, I can't wait, but at the same time to enjoy each moment, as Ang said, of each trimester day!! We're glad to have this birthing center where we can have our baby in a caring, "our" environment (including pre-labor, labor, etc) I'm not going to bash those who choose otherwise, but wow, this birthing center will allow the potential to trust God in birth. God is in control anyway, but sometimes in the hospital, we trust in medicine, trust in ourselves. But it's Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith, including having children, shepherding these He gives us.

So, yeah, it's cool. it's rad. follow along. we are so thankful for you as you follow along. We are thankful for your support.

I'm going to say one more thing in this post. It's already permeated through this blog, and will continue to. But I want to make it abundantly clear, for it bubbles from my heart. Here it is: Jesus is Lord. He is real. Right now, this pregnancy, this element of Angie and I's life, may seem surreal, but Jesus is REAL. Jesus is in charge of our lives, along with this pregnancy. As He paints this life inside Ang, we both want you to know Jesus like we do. Why? What does this mean for you? One thing: LIFE. Just as our little grape, or whatever you wanna call it's size, is growing, it's a human. It's a person. YOU are a person. And YOU, if you don't have Jesus as your Savior, are separated from God, your Creator, by your sin. The Bible says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. You are seperated from Him, His love, and His eternal Kingdom. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me". The Bible says in Romans 10:9, that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL be saved. If you want to be saved and to spend all eternity with Jesus, who loves you so much He died for you, ask Him to come into your life, He promises He will. Then read the Bible, His love letter to you. And follow it's perfect instruction for life. If YOU do nothing with Jesus, or reject Him, you will die in your sin, you will die in your separation from your Creator, and spend an everlasting eternity separated from His love, which is darkness and agony. You don't have to die in this state! Surrender to the King Jesus! He made a way for YOU. If you need prayer, we can pray for you. We want to love on you, we have a lot to share, because Jesus dumps His love and grace on us every day.

We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Nate and Angie. I so appreciate your vibrant lives, steadfast faith and youthful wonder at our Magestic creative Father God. John

    ReplyDelete