Pregnancy Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, January 31, 2011

New due date.

Well Nate and I had our first appointment with our midwife(s).  It was fairly uneventful.  Which is good I guess.  She basically did my exam, asked her questions and then:)........ we got to hear our baby's heart rate!!!!   That was totally SO REAL and absolutely unbelievable!  I hear baby's heart rates all day at work but to hear our own?!?!  To hear a heart rate at 160 that is not your own inside a belly that doesn't even look pregnant is absolutely amazing.  I was just stunned listening to it at first and then I was amazed at the heart rate of this little tiny person inside me that I started laughing!! We even heard him/her move.  So that was very cool.

We asked her if she ever diagnosed twins before and she said they had.  Typically by the 20 week ultrasound......... "20 weeks!"  I said, "that's far away!"   She asked, "Do you have twins in your family?"  Hehe.  No, just a fun fantasy I guess.  "Well", she added, "we can also tell by the size of your uterus.  If it is larger than what it should for your gestation we will tell you to get a US."  Well, needless to say, my uterus was right where it should be.........for a singleton.  So no surprises of twins:P

She did change my due date.  So now we are due August 25th.  Which digresses me back to 10weeks and 5 days:/  We will have a follow up appt beginning of march when we will get labs drawn.  So basically for now, keep on praying, reading, eating, swimming/running/walking, and sleeping:) 

Speaking of reading.  For any new mamas out there, I would have to recommend the book by Tedd Tripp, "Shepherding a child's heart".  My friend Katie recommended it.  "Parents are to be authorities who shepherd their children to understand themselves in God's world, keeping the gospel in clear view so children can internalize the good new and someday live in mutuality with you as people under God."  I just started reading it, but I am so encouraged!  I can't wait to use biblical principles to raise our child, focusing on the "heart issue" instead of their behavior, teaching them about the cross, and need for a Savior. I am so excited to raise up a child teaching them Who they were made by and for.  It's the most important thing in life for them!  My prayer is to be continuously in the word so I can shepherd them on God's behalf.

My prayer request would be for patience.  To enjoy all of this pregnancy time.  I don't know why I am counting the days until the turn of the next week.  I guess I'm just excited to read about all the changes going on.  But I want to enjoy these days with Nate.  There is a reason God gave us 9months. 

Hope all is going well with you readers:)  Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

Love, Angie

"God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.  If we say that we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth."  Sometimes it can be hard to listen to what God has to say to you.  You are convicted and then some time passes and you forget about it, and then might be convicted again, but then reason it away.  It is flesh and spiritual warfare.  It displeases God.  The only way to keep the Spirit strong is to pray for courage and God's strength to be obedient and faithful.  But take courage, for He is always with you.  You may be divided or persecuted.  But if God is for us, who can be against us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment