Pregnancy Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

20 weeks

20 weeks is/was actually very exciting!!  We had Rachael and Eddie's wedding this weekend and it was so fun to have so many people at the house (Nate! maybe we should have a dozen kids!) It was actually a blessing to me to have everyone over.  I wore both my maternity dresses over the weekend and it was fun.  I felt pretty in them. 

20 weeks is nice because I don't look bloated anymore:)  I actually look.....pregnant!  I still want to look nice (wear appropriate clothes that fit and look nice) and not sloppy in sweatpants and a teeshirt (meaning now I have to think about what I am going to wear, instead of just throwing something "nice" on like I did when I wasn't pregnant) I do my hair a little bit more and wear makeup just a little more.  It's interesting.  I am not struggling as much right now with my weight gain and appearance.  Actually at 20 weeks, baby center and my midwife, says I should have gained 10 pounds!  (I remember when our midwife told me that back at 10 weeks and I laughed!  "You want me to gain 10 pounds in 10 weeks when my baby won't even weigh a pound at 20weeks?!?!!? That won't happen....)  I thought it was ridiculous and I would only gain 5 pounds.  Well that may happen for some people but not me!!  20weeks = 142.  And actually, after something I read just tonight, I am glad.  On "medicine net" they say, "Good weight gain before 20 weeks, and between 20 and 28 weeks, really influences good fetal growth"

I have felt the baby move frequently since 18 weeks.  I am convinced it was movements:) and not gas:)  The kicks were subtle and infrequent and I would have to be still to feel them, but now at 20 weeks they are more consistant and I don't have to be paying too close attention for them to catch my attention.  They do feel like little flutters, not strong, but stronger than the word flutter implies.  It like a little mini belly quake.  I'll feel one or two and then be still and feel a couple more.  In my lower abdomen and all over!!  First they were only on the right side, then I felt them on the left (I thought I was having twins!! More on that later) But really he/she is just all over the place.  Sometimes the "flutters" are fun and don't bother me, other times I get freaked out and want them to go away.  I am in denial that our lives will be changing soon, they are changing!!!   Then over the weekend in the morning, Nate and I were waking up and I felt the little thang move!  I told Nate to put his hand on my belly and wait.  Awww sure enough in just a little while he felt our baby move inside me for the first time!  He was so endearing, "that's our baby, baby". Oh I was so in love. We just laid there.  It is so special feeling his excitement as well.  

This week, our baby is 10 ounces (more than a 1/2 lb) and 10 inches long!!!  He/she is just doing what he/she does best: growing.  Nothing fancy this week:)  Except miracle cells forming:)

I have been waking up sometimes in the middle of the night.  It's normal, I know.  I have been going through the alphabet thinking of ways to describe God: A= adore, alpha/omega, etc.  Ill pray and this helps me in multiple ways!

I think my placenta is anterior (towards my belly and not my back) because I can feel it throbbing!  My entire right side of my belly throbs to the rate of my heart.  (random I know)

20weeks, Nate and I also decided we would start going to the goodwills weekly to shop for "diamonds in the rough".  Yesterday we found one!  Our first try!  We found a baby hiking backpack for 7 bucks:)  It looks nice, and will do the trick!  I haven't looked up the specs yet.  Sheryl told me she has found a bike trailer at good will for 10 bucks!

My prayer request is for our April 13th appointment.  That everything is healthy with our little baby.

Thanks for reading and sending love:_)
~*~ Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment