Pregnancy Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

18+

Well our March 9th appointment was pretty uneventful again:)  We had our prenatal labs drawn and then took off to Fruita CO where we biked a little and camped out in the great outdoors.  Mury was a little sketched out by the whole thing.  She wanted to stand guard by the tent at night as the coyotes howled in the distance:)  The day we left, she ran along side of Nate during our last 5mile mountain biking stent (for a while).  The trip was short, but unbelievable perfect. 
We are doing well, flying through the second trimester.  I finally cracked and bought some "maternity clothes".  Well, I went to a maternity store to by a dress for a wedding.  And also bought some tanktop like summer dresses that were on sale (for the hot summer months when I don't want to wear anything:) and a "belly band" to help keep my pants up!  I also finally tried on the clothes my mom sent me!  Can you believe she saved them for 29 years! Wow!  I am grateful for sure!  I inherited about 3 tee-shirts, 2 nice shirts and a tight pair of pants.  One of the shirts says "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!"  Which is very hilarious because a part of me says, "Don't worry about how you look, embrace your pregnancy! Enjoy it!" and the other part of me says, "Yes, I am pregnant.  I have not gained 10 pounds in the last 10 weeks!"  One lady at church, who I hadn't seen since Christmas, told me, after I told her I was 4 1/2 months pregnant, "Oh, I thought you just gained a little weight!"  I love her honesty:)  It is quite amazing the ups and downs of acknowledging a changing body.  Overall, I am just excited for my little bump and soon to feel little kicks?!?!?!

In case you are wondering, I will tell you that you have only a few more weeks to vote on the sex of the baby.  Nate and I decided to find out if we are having a boy or girl! April 13th is the infamous day.  When I think about the day, I don't know why, but I an nervous to find out.  I think because it will become that much more real that we are having a baby.... boy.... or a baby girl.  We are going to have the tech write it down on a piece of paper and take it home with us and pray over the paper and then open it up in the comforts of our own home.  I am very excited.  SO CAST YOUR VOTE!  I actually don't have one.  I have no clue what we are having.  In the beginning I thought Boy, but now that I kinda want a girl, Im not sure:)

I am continuing to love the second trimester. I very very randomly threw up after breakfast one morning, immediately nauseous and immediately better.  It was very strange.  Maybe the baby doesn't like eggs?  But I have been enjoying running so much!  It is so enjoyable to take Murs and go on a little run.  I feel great!  The only thing I have to pay attention to is core stabilzation because my sacrum gets stressed from the arch in my back.  Our little tike, at 18+weeks is almost 6 inches long and weighs almost a 1/2 pound (7 oz).  Our midwife said I could feel it kick somewhere around 20 weeks.  I haven't felt something that screamed, "Hey, I'm your baby down here!!!" But sometimes I wonder if it is really gas that I am feeling.........

A friend from work gave us a little bassente that she didn't need anymore:)  Aww our very first baby knick knack.  Again, very weird to see it in the back of my car.......  

Well, Thanks again for reading!  I really do want to put up another picture soon. 
Love ang

No comments:

Post a Comment