Pregnancy Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Which will it be, a HE or SHE?!

Saturday April 16th Nate and I had our "Gender announcment party"!  It was such an exciting day!  The days in between our ultrasound and the party were a great suspense.  I didn't realize how much it meant to me to celebrate the sex of our baby. 

So, after the doc gave us the envelope with the sex of the baby we stuffed it in my purse and hid it until thursday when I met up with Bryanna and turned it over to her!  Her and her husband would be the only people in the world to know if Nate and I were having a boy or girl.  Her mission was to buy and design the cake for our party.  The baker was instructed to make the batter pink or blue depending if it was a girl or a boy, and then frost the entire cake so you couldn't tell.  Bryanna said she was so careful driving over to our house (like she was going 3 mph around turns) so the cake would not slide into the sides of the box and smudge the cake!  She is so thoughtful:)

Everyone who was invited was instructed to wear pink or blue if they thought it was a boy or a girl!  What a turn out!!  Sheryl and Evelyn wore tutus, Katie wore a pink dress, Erna dressed up like a pink southern bell, Glen wore red Elmo gear, Scott wore a blue cool aid shirt!  Everyone did something special to participate.  Even Mury wore pink to support the "girl cause".  Most everyone wore pink........ Glen, Scott, Barry, Caleb and me were the sole "boy cause".  Brandon was 100% right with whatever it was, he wore PURPLE! 

We had pink and blue balloons hanging around, delicious bar-b-que chicken, south western egg rolls, chinese style coleslaw, fruit, veggies, spinach balls, delicious fruit drinks and of course the cake!! It was a FIESTA AND A FEAST!

It came time for Nate to cut the cake.  I was so excited for him to be the one to make the first slice, and then the second and then lift up the cake piece to show everyone the pink or blue cake!  I must have thought of that scene 100 times!  When the real time came, I was so excited I couldn't contain myself.  There was so much love in the room our house was bursting.  Everyone gathered around the cake/table, of course we had to have the "BOYS" on one side and the "GIRLS" on the other, dualing it out.  They were both saying boy boy boy and girl girl girl at the same time:)  I stood behind Nate as he made the first cut!  He pulled the knife out and I thought I saw light pink cake crumbs on the knife!!  Then everything happened so fast, I didn't even have time to think, "is it a girl?" He cut the second side.............. then the top............ and lifted up........



















BLUE!!!!


It was blue, the cake was blue.

I don't even remember what everyone did.  From the pictures people are celebrating!.  I just kept looking at the cake.  Nate gave me a hug!!  I was shaking!  I showed my parents who tuned in via skype the blue piece of cake; they were going to have a grandson! (after raising three girls!)

I didn't know what to do, Nate was cutting more pieces of cake, I just stood by him. 

I wore blue, but I hadn't thought of how I would feel if it were actually blue...... or pink for that matter.  I had my reasons for wanting a boy and a girl.  In fact I knew that in my flesh I would probably feel disappointed because it could only be one or the other!  So now it was blue.  100% sure, we were having a boy. Boy, boy, boy.  I was stunned.  The pregnancy just got that more real. The baby inside me, that more real.  The fact that we are going to be parents that more real.  And that we would be parents of a boy.  First born.  Older brother. 

But this is why Nate and I wanted to find out.  We wanted to dwell and think about who we were growing.  We went from not wanting to find out, to finding out with just the two of us (at our house, not in the ultrasound office..... ), to celebrating with family and friends one special fact about our baby!  It was a most memorable day.

And now we are slowly getting excited about all the fun things about boys!  I am excited about reading this book by James Dobson, "Bringing up Boys".  The introduction in itself terrorizes me!!  Boys who put gasoline down manholes and light matches to throw down there to see what happens!! (toilets in the neighborhood exploded).  Nate! We need the best insurance possible!  I don't know the least bit about boys!  (There are three girls in my fam:)  I am excited about going on hikes with the babe in the hiking backpack, or bike rides with the little tike in tow behind Nate's bike.  I am so in love with the thoughts of doing all these fun things with Nate.  I am excited about being a team with him in teaching our boy about Jesus and shepherding him under God's authority.  NATE I LOVE YOU!  However, we are having a hard time with names.  In fact we have prayed several times to have God help us pick out the name of this boy, who He knows better than we will ever know this child. 

So now we are moving forward.  Let the fun continue as we decide on a baby room theme and buy baby things and continue with our prenatal visits, and get larger!

Until the next fun adventure!  Thanks for reading!

Love ang

No comments:

Post a Comment