Pregnancy Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

27 weeks

This is the last week of the second trimester.  Our baby weighs close to 2 pounds!  YEA!  I remember when I was still talking in ounces and couldn't wait to get into pounds and now here we are!  Also he is about 14 inches long and has his own sleep and wake cycles.  He is also opening and closing his eyes:)  I have noticed him kicking me a little more, with the rare karate chop punch which moves my entire abdomen (only twice).  Also my belly is getting quite large.  Funny how I have gone 27 weeks and only gained about 4-6 pounds in my abdomen (baby and some fluid and placenta).  Now in the next 13 weeks, half that time, I will grow another 4-5 pounds of baby!!!.......... and 2-3 of placenta and fluid!  It will be interesting to see when I will begin to feel off balance (as they tell me to watch out for).  A co-worker of Nate said she began to feel it all around 36 weeks, heavy, off balance, and more tired.  I'm hoping it won't bother me........ :) gotta be optimistic:)

It's amazing how awesome God is.  Period.  Just that.  He rocks.  Praise Him for a healthy pregnancy, a wonderful, wonderful, supportive and understanding and loving husband who can't stand reading books telling him not to be afraid of poopy diapers, and that it will "help mom out if you help change them once in a while"!! "What father/husband wouldn't/doesn't do this?" He is going to be right there in the mess of it all with me!  I even asked him if he would hold the baby while I was breast feeding so I could take a nap!  "Of course!" Praise God for having broadcasts on the radio for me to hear about raising children etc.  Praise Him for all the love and support and kindness from all our friends and family.  Praise Him for loving me more than I know and ever deserve.  I am not worth to be called His daughter, but He still calls out to me!  Praise Him for the strength He has given me this far!  Praise Him for his word and everlasting truths that I can always turn to.  My God is an awesome God, He reigns over heaven and earth, with power, wisdom and might, my God is an awesome God!

Nate and I have a date to go to babies-r-us on Friday!  I hope we can make it!  We need to start doing somethings:)  I am slow to get moving on figuring out some of the things we need and some of the things we want.  Also starting and finishing the baby room. I have been doing a lot of talking with people, which helps the learning curve.   Still, I am really slow when it comes to buying things!  I get too nervous that I won't like it, or need it, or will have spent too much money on it!  It is a problem!  I have some ideas of things I want for the baby room but I don't want to buy anything at full price!!!!  it is awful!  Then I can't find it online for discount, so "things to buy" continue to get piled up and then never bought! Soooooo.  Yea, little insight of crazy angie. :)

Nate and I are reading some good books on babies and parenting.  Still reading Shepherding a Childs Heart....., Started "Bringing Up Boys" by James Dobson, which I love!  So insightful and real and alarming and educational.  Started "On Becoming Babywise" but I have to say, I am half way there and I think everything I've read could be written down in 10 pages.  It is awfully redundant and not very helpful so far.  I hope the second half is better.  It has given me a couple pieces of info to chew on.  BUT the first chapter by far is the best.  I don't know what happened!  "What to expect for newborns" and "Baby 411" is ok to peruse for random helpful hints for baby world.  I have yet to read "Happiest Baby".

We had a midwife appt on tuesday which again was good.  She measured me and I was on track this time (no overly large uterus/baby this week)  I measured 27cm, = 27 weeks!  Yay.  Hopefully the sugar test that I took will also confirm that I am not a GDM (gestational diabetic).  She began to talk to us about signing consents for water birth, if we choose.  We signed up for our natural childbirth class..... dun dun dunnnnnnnnn...... which will talk about positions and breathing and how to know you are in labor!  I can't wait to take it.  We attend every monday class in June (4 weeks 2.5 hr classes)

Also a shout out to Heather and Braden!  Congrats finding out it's a girl.  Also shout out to Jess and Scott who found out they were prego!  20weeks behind us!  We will be having our baby and they will be finding out if it is a girl or boy!  Another gender party!

Thanks for reading!
Love, Ang

1 comment:

  1. Registering for baby can be very overwhelming! But you guys should enjoy it too! Just relax and have fun together shopping for your little one. If nothing else you can always donate what you don't end up needing or using!

    ReplyDelete