Pregnancy Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

Friday, May 6, 2011

26 weeks!

Ever since our ultrasound I have become more and more excited...... excited?  Yea excited!  It might be a little apprehension too.  Yesterday I could not go back to sleep because I was thinking about our baby and baby things!  I am so excited to meet this little tike.  I already want another ultrasound just to see him, know how he is laying, and watch him kick at me or wave his hand.  What do you do all day inside me?!?!  I am incredibly excited to have Nate meet and hold and love this baby.  I think about us working together as a team- handling all the issues that will come up, enjoying spending time together as a family. I'm excited about strengthening and growing our marriage (all by learning about being parents:)  Honestly, I think I underestimate how hard it will be and that it will not be a "one time experience" but a lifetime change.  BUT.... I so desire to grow closer together through all the trials and challenges.  I keep praying that God will keep us honest and that we will keep our eyes fixed on Him.  We are a three strand cord that is not to be broken!
"In loving your child, give him the assurance that as a husband and wife, you really love each other.  The husband-wife union is not just a good first step towards child-rearing.  It is a necessary one."  ~~On Becoming Babywise"

We are still thinking about baby boy names:)   We are also reading a little more now about what to do with the baby when he gets here!!!  Hopefully we will go look at fun baby stuff at babies r us and target sometime in the next 2 weeks.  One of the things that mindlessly goes through my mind when Im trying to sleep, "Ahhh, what do we need for our baby!?", and "I need to go try out strollers and car seats to see which ones I like!" But when I am awake, I am ok with not needing a lot of things. I really want to start working on the nursery, but haven't looked up how I want to decorate it!? I'm kinda a mess, a joyful mess though....  I am feeling the baby kick more and more now---in fact, starting today- 26weeks, I am suppose to count daily how many times the baby kicks in one hours (the same hour everyday).  Basically I am just suppose to be aware that the baby is moving and kicking.  But everyday now I should feel him move.  And I do!  It was weird at first, but now it is endearing and lovely.  A little baby in me!  Kicking (or punching) all 1 2/3 pounds of its little body against my whale of a belly:)

Thanks for reading!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment